Thread: oil cooler
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
You missed the boat. I did not intend for you to undertake any such engineering. I simply posted that little-known information as a way of showing you how much issue a plate-style cooler can cause that a corporation as large as GM, after implementing it on a car for half a decade, would spend the time and money to get rid of it. That's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert
I would suggest you take a note from GM who REMOVED an oil-cooler like the one you want to install and developed a different one that won't cause as much issue.
Right, you didnt exactly say "design a better system" you just said "dont run a system that has some drawbracks, even though there is no alternative."

220 oil temp is safe yes, but i easily saw 240+ on the street here in NY. While the temperatures wont damage the engine, they certainly resulted in noticeable performance loss, not to mention the fact that the oil itself will thin out and wear down faster at those temperatures.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote