View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #2848 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_4 View Post
Madrid's defense blew! IMO i feel Ramos and Marcelo are not consistent and both especially Ramos have anger issues. Carvalho IMO puts in some Smarts w/his experience but also looses his cool.

And i know Kaka and Higuain are coming back but wtf seriously? This is a BIG game with a lot of pressure and it tends to happen Di Maria and Ozil completely shut down for long periods of time IMO......the way Kaka and Higuain played this past weekend IMO they deserved a change......AND THEY CAN keep a cool head in games like these.

anybody else feel this or am i just being biased cuz im a Kaka fan?

OK done lol.....Forza Milan!!!
Carvalho is probably Madrid's best defender, we were still wishing we had him at Chelsea, but David Luiz has stepped up. You're right about Sergio Ramos though, he tends to be hit or miss, and Marcelo can be caught ball watching a lot. Shame Pepe was sent off, because he hassled Barca's midfield the entire game during the Copa del Rey final. I think Higuain and Kaka should have started. Love Özil to death, but Kaka has more experience in Europe, and in Clasico's for that matter, and probably would have been a better choice, with Özil coming in off the bench as a substitute.

I feel Mourinho was trying the tactic that won against Barca with Inter, which was being willing to concede possession, keep the shape, and try to hit on the counter attack. During the first half, Barca seemed to be playing for the second half by keeping the score 0-0 until halftime, and when the chances come, cut the tired legs of the Madrid defense and finish, and they did.

This next leg at the Camp Nou is going to be a Barcelona keep away, but Madrid HAVE to leave it all on the field. Instead of playing for a counter attack, I would attack Barca straight up and test their back four right away. Iniesta should be back, which is bad news for Madrid as they needed to win this first leg. Conceding two away goals and having to play Barcelona at home is asking a lot of any team, but Madrid have to play as if their lives depended on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post

still, for the ref -
SAME OLD BARCA, ALWAYS CHEATING!
In regards to this, I'm sure if you guys remember, but we were sent on our way by Barcelona and questionable officiating 2 seasons ago when they went on to win the Champions League. Didier Drogba is remembered for calling the officiating a f*cking disgrace, and it was. I feel Arsenal were cheated as well in their match with Barca this season.

Anything can happen, but it looks to be a rematch of Barca and Manchester United in the final at Wembley, in which case immediately I'd become a Barcelona supporter.
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote