View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
The conditions under which you would downshift include the following:
You want to accelerate
You want to decelerate
Your RPMs have dropped and you are going to "lug" the engine (say, trying to get power from the engine at or under 2k rpms)
You want to impress that cute girl over there (just be prepared...she won't be impressed. She'll think you are a loud, annoying idiot who doesn't know a think about what women want. She'll tell you this if you are moving slowly enough and your window is down).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
if the Z's throttle response was quicker i would probably not use SRM but i found that SRM can blip the throttle faster than manally stepping on the pedal so ive been using it.

the Z's throttle lag is considerably longer than say my G's pedal input.
Very true. It drives me nuts to drive the Z with the epic throttle lag. I find myself overshooting my matches every time I drive another car because I'm used to having to apply full throttle to rev-match.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote