View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #2838 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
to quote arseblogger:

Yes, yes it is, but if he goes, he goes. Huge fan of El Capitan, but with 35m in funds plus a nice transfer kitty from Silent Stan we'll be fine in rebuilding...again.

I call into question the source, and I still think there is some hope that Cesc will leave when he actually wins a trophy for the club. I can't help but think he wants to leave the club something to remember him by, and with Wenger relenting that he will buy this summer, this could be it.

Then again, same tune, different year, right?
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to hold onto him, but I cant help but feel, judging by his quotes in the spanish press (misquoted or not) and his on field performances of late, it just seems like he isnt playing with the effortless gusto he used to have, the part of his game that I used to love. With the constant tapping up, I just think hes starting to become a detriment to the unity of the team honestly. Cesc will bring 35 Million easy, if Barca cannot afford it, Real or Inter will. With claims of 40 million to spend, coupled with what he would bring it, its close to 80 million, we can add MINIMUM of 3 WORLD CLASS players.

First things first, Verms needs a reliable RCB (someone who stays consistently healthy, Djou isnt the answer) to pair with. We need steel in the middle, STEEL. Clichy and Gibbs can get the job done on the left and Sagna is as consistent as anyone on the right, they do not need replacing. We'll also need a replacement for the spanish magic man himself, I think a Kaka + Cash from Real would be nice, although not likely to happen (although he seems a wantaway). I want Montolivo. And Phe, you might disagree, but I think Gourcuff would be an excellent addition. Hell, I'd even love a direct swap for Sneijder @ Inter, I hear they're quite keen on Fab.

Lastly, RvP has been carrying ALL of the workload up top, ALL OF IT. Since he found form, he hasnt dipped, guy has been working hard and getting bags of goals. However, IMHO, hes being overtaxed up top and needs another prolific scorer to help shoulder the burden. I honestly think someone like Gyan or Darren Bent would compliment the team (EPL experience and excellent goal poachers). I also have a huge appreciation for Ashley Young, one of the most consistent wingers i've seen in the game today.

Goalkeeper is a toss up, Pollock has been great, but we need cover for the inevitable departure of Almunia, Neuer? Stekelenberg? Buffon?