View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I'd be surprised if the 12V line in the factory harness isn't a constant 12V. I've wired my switch LED to the orange power wire coming from the BCM going to the rear fog, and the LED is always constantly illuminated when the fog is on (fog's power also powers the LED).
If there isn't enough current draw on the wire then it may turn itself off thinking there isn't anything connected (this is an LED fog light which probably draws considerably less power). Likewise if there was a short it would also shut off to protect itself. If it is the former then a high wattage, low value resistor could be added between the orange wire and ground somewhere near the fog light to suck up some extra current.