View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #2818 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

the Pollock definitely has heart, his positioning has been suspect to me at times though. But true, another keeper is not needed, he's one for the future. Chamakh for me, is a toss up. He puts balls on net, usually straight at the keeper but on the net nonetheless, but it seems like he tries to get too fancy with the ball and dispossesses entirely too much. We need someone 6'1+ with better speed and both legs.

as far as DM, Wilshere fills the role nicely as a box to box, Song goes down, then we switch positioning to accomodate Jack's style, I dont think a DM is what we need right now. Right now we have 1 proven, consistent goal scorer and thats RvP. We need someone else to pair him with up top, someone like a Berbatov, someone that can use his head and poach loose balls in the box.

People still hate on Arsha, and while a series of lackluster performances have tainted his image to the Arsenal faithful, he pulls goals out of his ass when we need em, he just needs to find consistency.

Bendy's a beast, when playing against bottom of the table teams, its time for him to go, along with Denilson, Squillaci, Almunia, and Rosicky. Gary Cahill is definitely going to be scooped up this summer, but i'm wondering still, who is going to replace Fab, Montolivo is looking more and more impressive to me. And Jagielka has always been a beast, he was the best player defensively at Everton, I honestly wouldnt mind having him in the team. And btw, I <3 Ashley Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
I don't think we'll have a problem with Nasri, especially if Fabregas goes.

At least we don't have to get linked with every goddamned goalkeeper under the sun this summer with Szczesny's meteoric rise in stardom.

I'm not even going to speculate anymore this summer. I don't think mass exodus and buying will solve problems. We do need some experience though. To me, personally, all we really need is Chamakh to get his head out of his arse, and for a Song-esque DM cover. LB if we can find a good one.

Maybe we can sell the best striker that ever lived Danish superstar living legend Nicklas Bendtner to Barca for Messi

The one thing I DO think will happen though - the failure to do ANYTHING right in the last few games will push Arsene's hand to pay Bolton too much for Gary Cahill. Or maybe Everton for someone like Phil Jagielka (did anybody see that masterclass he put in against Manchester United? Dude was EVERYWHERE.)

Last edited by Red370; 04-25-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Red370 is offline   Reply With Quote