View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8SN View Post
True...the muffler isnt that that bad...the restriction is a lot more in the cats and the H-pipe area.....I think.
You are correct. I made a thread a while back where I measured our oem nismo exhaust at different points and the H pipe was necked down to 2.1" and the post H pipe pipes to the muffleer were 2.4".

so basically, other than the H pipe, we have a 2 1/2" exhaust and the cats and the H pipe are the restriction.

That said, you'll save some considerable weight too, switching out the oem nismo exhaust for something like the FI cbe. That's what ultimately swayed me into getting the FI CBE vs. having a shop fab up and x pipe for me. I wanted to benefit form the weight savings too.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote