View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #166 (permalink)
Vince's Red-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Red Sport
Vince's Red-Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I don't have the car anymore, but I was never disappointed with them at all. If you read my comments on the "butt-dyno," I never really felt any gains. And you really won't feel any with the CAIs on these cars. The factory airbox is very well designed and doesn't really start to bottleneck until around 7,000 RPM. Most of gains are in that last 500 or so RPM of the rev range.

That's not to say it's not worth it, but on it's own the CAI will not give you much. Combine it with exhaust and a tune to take advantage of the extra airflow and then you'll really see gains.

If you are really concerned with peak numbers, the Stillen G3 intakes definitely seem to be the best out there in that regard. You could expect to gain a few more hp with the Stillens than with the Injens.

A million "Thank you"; you gave me peace of mind!

I agree about the custom intake vs the OEM intake, the OEM is fairly well designed. I have a CBE upgrade and its gains were very impressive. So, I have the sound and some gain, money well spent I believe. I am not a racer, I just love speed when it can be of no threat to anyone else. I think I am done with upgrades. Thanks dude! Oh, if I can ask, why do you no longer have your Z?