View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
The Z engine seems smooth to me, but that's compared to my S2000. You need to tell yourself that you're stealing the car to get all the power out with the S.

I might be spoiled by having the auto though. There is an obvious disconnect from me to the engine, something I wouldn't have with a manual. At least when there are dorks on the road in commute traffic I can put the car in Dork mode.

The engine is much rougher compared to the smoothness of the F20C. You do have to rev the S engine, but it's smooth all the way up. The Z is definitely much torquier, even relative to the AP2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmagneticz View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys been very helpful..im starting to like this forum and community already..without a doubt i think my smartest decision would be to go with the Z. I think i may go with a lightly used z and mod it i already have the itch for it
Definitely test drive one. You will have to see if it works for you. I think it is about as close as you will come to a new S2K right now.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote