View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #89 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb First time out - Atco Dragway

OK, so as promised, I took some time off from my work to get a few runs in.

As I figured nothing is going to be easy. I learned that the traction on the strip is still no match for two stock rear width street Potenza tires.

This pass was my best and it just breaks loose, bangs off the rev limiter, goes soft, and then recovers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwgB_9DpRww

YouTube - Infiniti G37 - drag strip - 12.34 et @ 117mph

My next step is to get a set of drag radials and then try. It went 118mph on my last attempt. I used manual shifting. DS did not work well for me.

(There was a fellow with an AMG Mercedes who was running 11.50's @ 122 with RWD and DOT street slicks. My hero! )

It ain't great, but it's a start. Long day: I left at 3pm, 3.5 hr drive, 3.5 hours to get in (3) passes, and a 2.5 hr drive home, arriving after midnight. I'm bushed.

Coop

Last edited by SharpByCoop; 04-22-2011 at 08:55 AM.
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote