View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
BeachZTT
Track Member

Drives: '10 BC ZR T/S/Nav
BeachZTT is a jewel in the roughBeachZTT is a jewel in the roughBeachZTT is a jewel in the roughBeachZTT is a jewel in the rough

Shortly after I bought my TwinTurbo, I came out of a store to find a woman and her son (probably 7 or 8) approching the car beside me. The woman was glaring at my car as she walked up and I saw her shake her head. Her car was a piece of crap, not that it matters. Anyway, the boy opened the door and swung it into my door. Not hard but it made contact. She hadn't seen me yet and started to laugh... then caught me out of the corner of her eye, realized it was my car, smacked the kid in the head and said "watch what you are doing".

Kids are kids and do kid things, but she pissed me off! She thought it was funny that someone with a nicer car than hers was getting a door ding. Then, in her embarassment, took it out on her child. Fortunately there was no damage and I just scowled at her.

Regardless of what kind of vehicle or what shape it is in, I would never damage or take pleasure in the damage of someone else's property. There is no telling how hard someone had to work to get what they have, period. I respect their property as I respect my own. It's that simple.