View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #37 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
like i said before i dont know to much about guns. but what i have learned so far is.. for self defence use hollow point ammo, this will have great stopping power even with a 9mm and if you miss whoever your trying to shoot it will not go threw walls, it will just flatten out. for the shooting range solid ammo is fine beacuse you dont have to worry about it going threw walls.. i learned this the first day i had my gun and was shopping for ammo.. the people at the gun shops out here are very good about giving you proper info on owning, shooting and keeping the gun in good firing order.

also they type of ammo is important. not just for the stopping power but also certain types of low grade ammo can clog up your gun and even pit the barrel. i cant remember what the names of the types of ammo were that you should not buy, but i have it written down somewhere...lol..
Actually gun shop "experts" tend to give the worst advice imaginable, on average. "Stopping Power" is one of those keywords one should immediately recognize as a sign that the person you're talking to has no clue what they're talking about. Some of the statements you've made here about ammo (and especially walls) is completely false. Scroll up a few posts and read the link I posted.