View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
The BlueMax
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370/97 T/A 01 ZRX
The BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
I was not even looking at 370zs before I stumbled upon one by chance at a Mitsubishi dealer. After it became a consideration, I was cross shopping it with:

-2001/2 BMW E39 M5
-2005/6 Pontiac GTO
-used Evos and STIs

Those were the biggies, although I never realistically considered the Evo/STI option. For me, I would have loved an M5 but I could not afford upkeep even though I had found cars that already had the trouble areas fixed such as the weak clutch and VANOS. GTOs were really nice but in the end, I felt the Z had more character, styling, and was more driver focused which I liked and continue to enjoy today.
Yea you were looking along my line too, I considered a 1 owner 2001 M5 a 2006 Vette with a Z51 pkg. and I was looking for a G8 with a GPX pkg. but they only made about 1300 so prices were high, I settled on the Z for similar reasons. Now if it only had a turbo or V8.