View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Polk DB6501 (as I recall) 6.5" in the door and the tweeters in the dash. They are WAY better than stock but at only 6.5 inches they can't do justice to the very low ranges. I have no rear speakers now but I'll be adding some 3.5" Infinity 2-ways at the currently unused factory openings. If I don't like them I'll just turn them down. I know that many folks don't like rear speakers but once I've got the seats out (I'll be adding sound deadener) I might as well put them in and see what happens.

I'm not into super loud audio so max volume is usually not an issue. The factory head unit drives the Polk's just fine for my needs so I figure that the front and rear output of the AVH-P4300DVD will be fine for me. I do like the sound of a little extra low bass (I really hate mid bass, it always sounds boomy to me) hence my interest in a sub. I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, I want something that still allows me to take the Z on the occasional 2-3 day weekend without having to UPS our bags to the hotel.

The sub behind the seats is of some interest because that space is not that useful. The spare tire sub is kind of cool because I have a nice home shop (I'm a contractor) so fabricating a sub box to nest into the spare tire is a no-brainer and the idea of a 10" sub is appealing and the kind of stealthy aspect of the spare tire sub is appealing as well. But if a spare tire sub is really bad acoustically or has some other significant limitation I'll have to consider some sort of alternative.

Last edited by Guard Dad; 04-18-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote