View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Well I've taken the plunge and ordered the AVH-P4300DVD as well as the connector cables and steering wheel interface.

Many thanks Masa for your assistence, this head unit was already on my short list when I ran accross this thread and hearing of your positive experience gave me the confidence to pull the trigger.

I've already got Polk speakers in the door and dash (these will be connected directly to the new head unit) and I'm now considering sub woofer options. Affordability and space issues are very important. At first I was considering low profile self-powered subs (good prices-$100-250, manageable size but, I gather, so-so sound), then then self-powdered bazookas (good price, bulky but it could be removed if space was needed, probably better sound) and most recently a separate mono amp ($75-150) with a spare tire mounted single 10" sub woofer (under $100). The last option would require some fabrication for the enclosuer but would be very clean when completed. I've done some searches and it seems like many folks are putting a conventional speaker grill on the carpeted deck of the hatch (seems like the speaker might be subject to damage from luggage) while some other folks are doing some sort of under carpet placement (doesn't this compromise the sound quality?) with no grill but perhaps perforations in the carpet and the plastic carpet backer panel, any thoughts?
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote