Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #212 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Got a better test drive in this morning by the way, with a little more confidence and more aggressive driving. It's really hot out, but it was only a short drive so nothing definitive on oil temps yet. I will say it takes for-freaking-ever to warm up the oil from overnight cold now. I waited till it got to 150 before pulling out of the garage. It got to about 160 in the mile to the gas station. left it running, was 165 when I came back out 5 minutes later. Then I went ahead and went all out for the two miles on the way home. It peaked at 190, and took its sweet time getting there. I suspect on a longer and harder drive it will get considerably higher than that, but it's a good sign and a good start