Thread: Looking to buy
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

ok ok... I feel it is my duty as fellow member here on this forum and as a fellow Iowan to inform the OP of the issues surrounding this. First off, I am from the area, so I know about Jim Miller Nissan in Cedar Rapids.... WHAT AN AWFUL DEALERSHIP. Walk away right now... There's a reason why I (along with many other "smart" consumers in the area) didn't buy mine from that dealership. They have a great service staff (Tom), but the sales dept blows.

They have 3 or 4 roadsters that are 2010, and those have been there at the end of 2009 and spring of 2010. There's a REASON they can't move these cars. They don't move on price and screw people over. And as for that 2009???? Guess how long THAT's been sitting on their lot. Sheeeesh... they think that just because they're in a small town, that people are dumb enough (some are) to pay window sticker or a little under sticker. I'd be offering 25k for that piece.... no more. They're retarded for asking 32k.

If you think about it, they are selling it for 32k which is around invoice for a 39k sticker right? approximately? So put it this way, I paid WAY under invoice for a new 2010 at the time. They want "around" invoice for a TWO YEAR OLD car? So retarded. Plus, just think about the manufacturer's warranty... granted, they may "start" it from date of purchase but you need to make sure. If the dealership offers a warranty through them, it's worthless if you have to move or take it to another dealer for warranty work...

p.s. they are ALL automatics too... you sure you want an auto?

My 2 cents, go to either Des Moines or Davenport. Bigger volume, bigger option, better deals.

When you do get one, let us know... there's 3 of us in town, one blue, one white, and I think a red one.

Good luck.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 03-30-2011 at 12:38 PM.
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote