View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #61 (permalink)
Shadax
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
Shadax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin1320 View Post
I had a pretty bad record for a little while (one accident and one traffic violation) so my monthly insurance was around $375 a month. Now I dont have a car cause im deployed but ill be getting my 370z when i get back to the states
At least I know I'm not alone in this.

I can't believe it's 3 to 5 years for marks on a record to drop off in CA.

That's pretty unreasonable to me, I thought it was 18 months. I mean, if someone drove without violations for a year and a half I think that's good enough for forgiveness on a minor speeding violation (74 in a 55 on a clear open road? come onnnn).

I'm the furthest from a reckless driver. My other violation was so BS it's paaaainful. The light was yellow, and I slowed down making a right turn to check for traffic. During the slowdown it went red just as I crawled through it and the flippin camera got me. I know I'm still at fault (and stupid nonetheless to do so in the presence of a camera) without question, but it was so far from anything dangerous it's not even funny. I just became an example and some extra money for the state, nothing more.

In any event. Sometime in 2014 when I'm damn near 30 I'll finally see a drop in my insurance rate.

Sorry, just ranting. Seems like almost all you guys have clean driving records and don't need to hear my yammering. But all you newly licensed drivers out there, watch what you do!

Alright, I'm done
Shadax is offline   Reply With Quote