View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
sig11
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Red Sport-MT
sig11 has a spectacular aura aboutsig11 has a spectacular aura about

03/19/2011 - De-winterizing.
Changed the oil and took a quick little road trip to Cabela's. I forgot how much I HATE changing the oil on this car with the oil cooler sandwich plate. I always end up spilling oil everywhere and it's extra hard to check for leaks because of it. The Purolator filter is just long enough that it's a real bitch the wrench off after breaking it loose. Doing this upside down on cold concrete also sucks. While greasing the sway bars I noticed that my exhaust cans had been scratched and dented pretty badly.

Also took the opportunity to put on the biggest power mods to date:

Against my better judgement this week I bought a used set of BC ER coilovers revalved by Relentless Autosports with 12k/10k swift springs from phantom21 (at the370z). I really had planned to hold off on any more modifications until I was driving the wheels off of what I already have but they're in great shape and I just couldn't pass up the deal.

I ordered a set of SPL rear camber links from Z1 along with some SS brake lines, an SS clutch line, RBF600 for the clutch, Red Line MT-85 for the transmission, and Red Line 75W90 for the diff. The fluids and lines came yesterday (3/23/2010) but unfortunately the camber links were not in the box! I have called Z1 and emailed but haven't received any response yet... and that kinda annoys me.

I'm going to have to re-learn the darn car after all these mods. Not to mention the fact that lowering the car scares the hell out of me. The front spoiler thingie is 3" from the ground as it is and I have to take my very mild driveway at an angle to keep from scraping. Toss in the damage already done to my exhaust and it's scary.

Last edited by sig11; 03-24-2011 at 04:30 PM.
sig11 is offline   Reply With Quote