View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCASA View Post
looked at the options on a cheap new car and will probably save in the neighborhood of 200-250 on a monthly payment, insurance will be another 100 savings. options right now are a new civic or used something...
I would get something that's used, but not too used if you get what I'm saying. Something reliable and comfortable that is cheap to maintain. If you can do it, you should buy it all in cash.

As an example, my mom bought an 09 Yaris w/ 15k miles for a little under $10k cash last year. She drives it 300 miles a day and doesn't get the oil changed till every 30k miles. It hasn't had a single issue yet and gets like 40 mpg. I've told her to get the oil changed more frequently once she told me she did it every 30k miles. I'm surprised how reliable that car has been though.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote